Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Masquerade by Nancy Moser



"Masquerade," was an engrossing read. At first I didn't like the main character, Lottie, because of her immaturity and constant whining. But the book soon drew me in and I came to really enjoy both the characters of Lottie and Dora. I was happy to see where their journeys took them. One of the things I didn't like was the romance. For both Lottie and Dora their romances seemed a tad far-fetched and too fast to be meaningful relationships. Also, Beatrice and Mrs. Tremaine's characters were constantly changing. One minute Beatrice was hostile and the next she was quiet and sensitive. Mrs. Tremaine was haughty one minute and understanding the next. Other than those things, it was a well-written historical novel. I was given this copy by Bethany House Publishers free for review.

Here is the book trailer from YouTube:

No comments:

Post a Comment